Thursday, February 18, 2010

Grump Fest 2010


I ate cake for breakfast this morning.....yes cake! The saddest part of that story is, I fed it to Emilee as well. Not the wisest mothering choice, but I thought it might add some sweetness to an otherwise dark, wet, cold morning.

I'm going to over share now.

I know it's not good energy to complain...but this whole week has been a major grump fest for me! My mood has been swinging with such force, I'm afraid it might poke an eye out!

I don't feel like myself. Opposition keeps getting up in my face, pushing me around, whispering...."just give up already"!

I need a make-over! I wish they had a "biggest loser" for people who just need to loose 30 or 40 lbs. I wish a gift card for a day at the spa would show up for me in the mail. I also wish I could sleep at night, and that my eyebrows didn't look like they were taking over my face!

Am I feeling sorry for myself? A little.

Sometimes I just can't believe the endless things a woman's body goes through....just being a woman! All the hormones, and cycles, and cramps and pains, and bloating, and uncontrollable grouchiness, and then there is the illness of pregnancy, the discomfort, and water retention, which turns into the intense pain of contractions, followed by pushing a baby out of your body, followed by the pain when you being breastfeeding, then the sleepless nights, and then your body freaks out as it tries to start your "womanly" cycle again!

And then there are the men who look at you like "what's your problem?" (Not that my husband would ever do that....he's awesome!)

I don't know. Maybe it's just me.

This last week I have felt like I could sleep for an entire week. I don't know what is happening, but I need help! Heavenly help.

I know this cloud will pass. I know being a woman is a wonderful gift. I really do! I'm just having a really hard week.

Thanks for letting me vent.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, I don't know if it helps but you are not alone. As I was reading your post it was like your feelings are my feelings.... Too bad we don't live closer, we could encourage eachother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Andrea! I wish we lived closer to each other too! It really does help to know I'm not alone. I have a wonderful blessed life, but some days are rough. I am sorry you are having a hard time too.

    ReplyDelete