Friday, February 12, 2010

February Mother of the Month

Our Mother of the Month for February is my good friend Jen!

I have known Jen for a few years now! She is a fun friend, whom I hope to get to know even better. We are both desert dwellers, she on the Nevada side and me on the Utah side. We don't see each other often, as we live in different valleys, but we are members of the same branch and I look forward to seeing her at church each Sunday!

Jen, you are an amazing person and a great mother! Way back when we were out here visiting the branch and our future husbands, I had no idea we would both end up living out here, sharing our adventures in motherhood! Thank you for your influence and support on this amazing journey! It is an honor to be your friend!

Introducing......Jennifer Israelsen!


1. Age - 28

2. Number of Children - 2 plus one angel baby

3. What is your secret weapon (a good tip for raising children) - I think the best tip I've ever received was to do what you said you're going to do; so, don't make threats you're not willing to follow through with.

4. Personal thoughts on motherhood - I think motherhood is the greatest blessing, honor, role a woman can do on earth. Something that irks me is when someone calls themselves a "mommy" to a dog. A mother does so much more than feed, wash, potty-train like you can do with a pet. A mother instills values, teaches life's lessons, etc. PS - Don't get me wrong. I like dogs. :)

5. Favorite go to recipe - Meat Loaf GO HERE

6. Favorite Movie - Big fan of "Little Women", "Return to Me" and " Sarah Plain and Tall"

7. Favorite book for children - To read with my kids: "All the Places to Love," by Patricia MacLachlan. About being a mom: "Fanny's Dream" by Caralyn Buehner.

8. Your definition of happiness - Happiness is a CHOICE but it is okay to have grump days. But when I'm happy it permeates through my home to the rest of my family. Happiness is knowing Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and Their plan for us.

9. Your favorite motivational thought or quote - I don't have it exactly but "The hand that rocks the cradle rocks the world." AND
"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."

-Ruth Hulburt Hamilton
That a good "reminder for Jen" quote.

10. Something you learned from your mother - I learned faith by example from my mom. I don't know how many times I walked in on her while she was on her knees in prayer or reading from her scriptures. I also have an addiction to children's books from my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment