Friday, February 26, 2010

The Terrific Twos

Yesterday I thoroughly enjoyed a simple, but beautiful celebration of life. The life of our first born!

There were birthday phone calls, several renditions of "Happy Birthday" and a special magic in the air that filled Emilee with energy and excitement!

The day started with Emmy sitting in the big blue chair, while mommy and daddy sang "Happy Birthday" to our sweet baby girl! She wiggled and giggled through the whole song.

Then mommy prepared a special pancake breakfast in her honor!


Later in the day we worked on a beautiful birthday crown for our beautiful princess Emilee!


She was then treated to her favorite meal.....pizza! She has been asking for pizza on a regular basis lately, so we fulfilled her request and satisfied her cravings.


At the end of the day she wore her birthday crown to family dinner and ran around with her cousins, playing and squealing with happiness. There was the occasional heated fight over toys, but overall excitement to be loved.....excitement for life!


Emilee, you are my sunshine! There is absolutely no darkness that can last when you are around. You fill my life with inexpressible happiness. I love watching you love your baby sister. I enjoy observing your young nurturing heart. It thrills me to no end hearing you scream "dadoo" every time your daddy comes through the door! I am absolutely in love with you....your hugs, kisses, your enthusiasm, your ocassional grouchiness, your big blue eyes.

I thank my Father in Heaven for sharing you with me, and giving me the honored roll of your mother! I look forward to sharing the beauty of this world together for many many years to come!

Happy Birthday Emmy-boo!

2 comments:

  1. I can't beleive she is TWO!! :) Hope she had a great brithday. Michelle, you are a great mom and I hope to be as good as mom as you are to my kids. Hopefully you'll give me some tips, k?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Nette you are so kind! Thank you for the compliment! I'm not any kind of expert having only two years experience, but I love being a mom and would love to give you some tips!

    ReplyDelete