Wednesday, February 25, 2009

One Year!


My little Emilee! This picture was taken of you less than 24 hours after you were born. I love how angelic you look! February 25 2008 is probably the most beautiful day of my life up to this point! Don't worry, Daddy knows exactly what I mean when I say that, and I know he won't feel bad to know that our wedding day has now dropped to number two! It was a day blessed by our Heavenly Father, where Mommy learned a lot about the joy that comes through the struggles in this life! I worked harder than I have ever worked for anything, and in the end I got you.....the grand prize!!

Thank you for coming to this earth with your light, your love, your infectious laughter, your mischievousness, your energy and your goodness. Every moment of this past year has been magic. From the moment you wake up each morning to the moment you finally fall asleep each night, you are teaching me and your Daddy what it means to really experience this life!

I feel so emotional, thinking about you. Thinking about all that the future holds for you! What an honor it is to be your Mommy!

We had a birthday party for you on Saturday at Grandma and Grandpa Iverson's house! I know you will not remember that day forever, but I think in the moment you felt loved and celebrated. Grandma and Grandpa Bernier and all of Mommy's family were there along with all of Daddy's family! I will write a special post all about it when I get to feeling a little better. I just didn't want this day to go by, without recording something about how much I love and cherish you!

Happy Birthday my tiny girl!! May all of your dreams come true!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Emilee! She's so beautiful and I too enjoy the beauty of being a mom and love how you express your joys.
    I will say hello to my mom for you~

    ReplyDelete