Monday, February 16, 2009

Lovely


Don't you love the word "Lovely"? I think it is one of the most beautiful descriptive words. I used to worry so much about being pretty, and I never felt I compared to any of my friends growing up! I was miserable most of my life wishing to be pretty, but now I am realizing that being pretty is nothing compared to being lovely. The definition of the word inspires me!

1. charmingly or exquisitely beautiful: a lovely flower.
2. having a beauty that appeals to the heart or mind as well as to the eye, as a person or a face.
3. delightful; highly pleasing: to have a lovely time.
4. of a great moral or spiritual beauty: a lovely character.

When I think of loveliness, I think of many women including Sister Hinckley! I love her soft kind face molded by a life of goodness, service, laughter and love! She is sassy and yet very reverent and respectful when it comes to sacred things. She seemed to really enjoy everything about life. What a patient and strong woman!

As the years go by we create the face we will live with in our 70's, 80's and 90's! Will it be soft, or hardened? Will we shine, or be dulled by feelings of bitterness? Will our faces be lined with worry, or sculpted by faith and hope? What will our eyes tell those who look at our pictures long after we are gone?

When it is all said and done, I hope to be thought of as lovely!








No comments:

Post a Comment