Monday, March 8, 2010

The Par-tay!

On Saturday my sweet husband let me sleep in, which was very very much appreciated, but when I awoke and saw that it was nearly 10:00am, I was a tad bit shocked and a wee bit stressed knowing that in only 3 short hours the guests would be arriving for Emilee's birthday party!

I jumped out of bed, threw on the clothes I wore the day before, and got to work finishing up decorations along with Mikey's help (thanks Mikey), baking, chopping, cleaning, and setting up!!

In case you weren't aware......I love parties!


It was fun having family all jam-packed into our cozy little house, and as we all snacked on "kid friendly" foods, we laughed and loved and celebrated our little Emmy-boo! The menu included mini pigs in a blanket, peppers and hummus, bananas and apples, tater tots and daddy's "special tot sauce", and yummy yummy red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting!


She loved her cupcake and insisted on blowing out the candles before we could finish singing to her!

She and the other children were covered in Kool-aid stains....oops! Sorry Mothers!


Here are some of the decorations! So fun!


She wanted to play with each of her gifts as they were opened, making it a long torturous process for all of the anxious cousins waiting and watching!


Everyone was so generous! Thank you all for coming and making the party fun and special!

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get your fun decorations? I love them! Looks like a great time had by all.

    ReplyDelete