Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March Mother of the Month

This month I am featuring my friend Andrea Middleton!

Tyler met Andrea years ago while attending EFY and has maintained a friendship with her ever since. She and I became friends on Facebook, and have developed a friendship through sending messages and reading each others blogs.

Andrea! I can tell you are an awesome mother to your incredibly gorgeous girls. You carry a light that is visible even from a distance and I feel fortunate to be among your friends. Your supportive thoughts and comments have meant a lot to me over the last year, and I look forward to getting together in the future!


1. Age - I am 33

2. Number of children - I have 2 beautiful daughters; Jinger is 3 and Avery is 2.

3. Your secret weapon (a good tip for raising children) - My secret weapon… I’m not sure I have a secret weapon but when I get frustrated I try to step back and remind myself that my girls are a gift and a blessing and that it’s my job as their mother to raise them up in love. It immediately calms me down and allows me to take things moment by moment.

4. Your favorite go-to recipe - Check HERE

5. Personal thoughts on Motherhood - Motherhood is the best thing that has ever happened to me. It is truly a miracle to wake up each day and know that I have 2 girls waiting for me. Every smile, hug or laugh is a reward. It’s defiantly a work that is always in progress. And it’s easier when you don’t expect perfection and you take it one day at a time.

6. Favorite Movie - I don’t have a favorite. I usually enjoy romantic comedies. Princess Bride, Lost in Yonkers and Anne of Green Gables are up there too.

7. Favorite children's book - I have been collecting children’s books for years and I love them all. I have over 200 (probably way too many =0) I don’t think I could narrow it down to just one. I guess my favorites are ones with beautiful illustrations and great messages. Max Lucados books come to mind.

8. Your definition of happiness - My definition of happiness; laughing with my family, watching my children discover new things, night time prayers, fresh air, long walks and holding hands, good friends, working hard and reaching your goals, being loved and loving back, watching the sunrise/sunset, sitting in front of a camp fire, a good book and sweats on a gray day, making pancakes together as a family.

9. Your favorite quote - "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."

Or

"I can't change the direction of the wind,
but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination."
Jimmy Dean

10. Something you learned from your mother - Something I learned from my mother is to reach beyond your comfort zone. By doing this you will find your hidden talents, do more than you ever thought you would, and grow into the person you were meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment