Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cherry Blossoms


I'll just come out and say it.......I have a cherry blossom crush.

I know that sounds absurd, but....... if you were to experience their sweet blushing petals and intoxicating perfume, I think you'd be smitten too!

When I was 26 years old, I was given the opportunity to work in Japan! Yes, Japan!!! Oh the dreaminess, the independence...the adventure! But it wasn't to be.

Somewhere inside I knew the desire to frolic in my carefree singleness beneath those Japanese cherry trees was not going to happen. Life had something bigger and even more adventurous in store. The closer it got, the more certain I became. I needed to stay home.

A few months later I was engaged!

Someday I will introduce my true love to my crush. Perhaps we'll grow cherry trees in our yard, and every spring I will fill vases with their blooms and fill our home with their glorious aroma. Maybe we'll take an exotic trip to Japan and frolic in our togetherness beneath the Japanese cherry trees. Or.... perhaps both.

If you love cherry blossoms as I do, you must check THIS out! Yum....you won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment