Saturday, December 19, 2009

I feel lucky


This past week Tyler and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary! Our usual tradition has been a getaway in SLC for a couple of nights, long baths in jetted tubs, room service and movies in bed!!

I love our traditional getaway, and I must say, I've really been longing for it.

This year we sent the babies to Grandma's house for a few hours. I came home threw myself on a huge pile of pillows and rolled around whining....explaining that I didn't know what to do to make our special day special. I hadn't planned anything....other than sending the children away.

For dinner I ended up eating hummus and carrots and sharp cheddar on toast. While this meal does include some of my favorites, it just didn't seem like an anniversary worthy meal. You know what I mean?

Tyler and I then sat on the couch and watched Bill Engvall's 15 degrees off cool, which I must say gave me a good laugh, and lifted my mood considerably! We called to check on the kiddos and then spent the rest of our time connecting in a more meaningful way. I love it when my sweetheart holds me in his arms and allows me to whine about my frustrations. I know it sounds lame and pathetic, but it means so much to me to have his loving ear, and understanding heart. I love having his warm hands wrapped around my cold, tired, grouchy body! He is a healing influence in my life. I am often too hard on myself and he patiently tries to lift and encourage me. I wish I had been in a better mood on the day we celebrate our wedding!

Our anniversary wasn't the same as years past, but in some ways it was just what I needed. Time. Time with the man I love, to celebrate our accomplishment! 4 years of progression, love and loyalty!!

I figure if he can love a woman who looks like the picture above (no make-up, etc.) And see the beauty that really matters, I've got a lot to celebrate!

Thank you my love! I look forward to every day with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment