Saturday, January 31, 2009

Delicious


I just love Nigella Lawson! She happens to be the super gorgeous host of "Nigella Express" on the Food Network, and her love affair with all things edible is something that speaks to my heart and my tummy. She makes being a woman appear so delicious! I love that she enjoys food and doesn't apologize for it. She isn't a stick figure, but she doesn't care. She would rather enjoy some late night left overs than obsess over the size of her hips.

Back when we had the Food Network, I loved to listen to her poetic descriptions of each ingredient added to the skillet. Her unique use of language and her beautiful British accent had me in a daze, dreaming of ice cream jeweled with pomegranate seeds, or golden clouds of fried dough with a magical dusting of confectioner sugar.

If I had a fairy godmother, It would be Nigella. She could wave her magic wand and poof.....a beautiful fudge chocolate cake smothered in chocolate butter cream would appear on my table. We would eat it guilt free, as we talked about whether or not it would be better with strawberry or lemon filling.

Thank you Nigella for taking me to a world of candle lit parties and late night trips to the refrigerator. I'll get back to my diet tomorrow!

Photo from www.nigella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment