Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's a Wonderful Life!




Is 2009 flying by for anyone else? I know it's only January 24th, but it's already been a month since Christmas and the promise I made on Christmas eve to "not be a procrastinator anymore" hasn't been kept very faithfully. I shouldn't be too hard on myself. I'm not a procrastinator anymore, I just need practice with my new skill!

Christmas was so meaningful to me this year! I know it is hard to believe, but I saw the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" for the first time this year (unless I saw it when I was younger and just don't recall). What a beautiful story! Our marriage and life are by no means perfect (whose is?), but we have a strong and unfailing love for each other. Most of the time, we understand that this life is meant to teach us about love. Charity is a topic that has intrigued me for years now. It is one of the only things that really "never faileth". I thank my Savior for so patiently influencing me to do good, to love myself, to fully and fearlessly love others.

Our Christmas holiday was spent here on the ranch with the entire Iverson family! I felt so warm, and satisfied being there with Tyler and little Em. We put on the live Nativity. Emilee had the honored role of baby Jesus, Tyler and I were wise men. It turned into a more comical rendition than some, with Corbin's flamboyant interpretation of King Herod. What a fun memory!

Sharing Christmas with Emilee for the first time made me so excited for a life time of Holidays with her and all of the other babies that will someday join our family. I have decided not to worry about what the world tells me to worry about. Who are they to decide how I should feel? As far as I am concerned.....It IS a wonderful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment