Friday, May 7, 2010

The Cake


So my sister emailed me the other day
to tell me she just got the new Cricut Cake!!! If you are familiar with the original Cricut, you know that it does amazing things with vinyl and paper........cutting out shapes, flourishes, images, and millions of fonts. The Cricut Cake is basically the same thing but geared to cake decorating. In a couple of weeks I am heading to her house for a long weekend of rest, relaxation and fun, (Thank you my love) and together we are going to practice cutting things out of fondant and gum paste!!

I recently did the cake for my sister-in-laws wedding (pictured above) I was up late into the night trying to finish it up. I really had no idea what I was doing which is obvious if you look closely, but luckily for me it looked pretty good from a distance! It is kinda risky offering to do a wedding cake when you have no training and not much experience. Fortunately Bethany is really sweet and easy going!! I did find out that cake decorating can be really fun, and an expensive way to express some creativity! *wink

No comments:

Post a Comment