Friday, November 20, 2009

Turkey Love


I have to be honest. I haven't really anticipated the annual Thanksgiving Turkey dinner with much excitement over the years. I would actually have been happier with a Thanksgiving Cheeseburger or Thanksgiving ham and cheese sandwich for that matter. Turkey is okay, but I just couldn't figure out what all the hullabaloo was about until this beauty (pictured above) came into my life!

A few years ago Tyler and I discovered a recipe for, in my opinion, the greatest Thanksgiving Turkey known to man! Let's just say it involves butter, sage, bacon and maple syrup, and when done properly can propel you into dimensions unknown!! Tyler is an awesome husband. Period. But, he is also my hero when it comes to culinary feats, and every year he tenderly and patiently works his magic......until voila! Perfection is achieved!!

Oh the juiciness. Oh the smokiness. Oh the maple sweetness! And the gravy, made with the drippings, with just a hint of maple.......oh my goodness!

To some I may be overdoing it with my ode to the perfect turkey, but it feels good to be joining in the anticipation of the time honored tradition! I seriously can't wait!

If you want the recipe, go here.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard SOO much about this turkey...but I keep missing Thanksgiving out there! I'm excited for the someday when I'll get to try it.

    ReplyDelete