Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Garden


Last year, after moving back from Springville with our new baby girl, we went to work planting our first garden! We were so excited! Home grown tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, squash etc. The only problem is that I hate weeding!!! Tyler was obviously busy with work, and I was busy with the baby, and for some reason I could not or would not find the time to weed.

Needless to say, by the end of the season there was a 4 foot wall of weeds surrounding our poor little garden! It was embarrassing, and did not represent the kind of order and control I desire in my life. Now, as spring is here and the cold weather is slowly fading away, my dreams of a beautiful garden have returned! For Easter I bought some cute little garden tools for Emilee. Soon, together we will build our garden, only this time we will take good care of it! I will teach her how to dig holes for seeds, how to pull weeds, and how to harvest our crop!! I know she will love it.

Thank goodness for new seasons in our lives and thank goodness for second chances!

No comments:

Post a Comment